Wednesday

In Loving Memory of Adeline E. Fege

A few years back I was contacted by my third cousin through my family history work. Our common ancestor was a great great grandfather, Gunder Andreas Nilsen Øvald. I was shocked to hear "my grandmother would like to meet you"! Really? My grandmother (a first cousin to Adeline) had lived into her nighties and had already passed some  25 years ago.  Adeline Gunderson Fege was the last of her generation. Adeline's father Lauritz, was the youngest brother of my great grandfather Nils. 

We met, along with my husband and her extended family (nice folk I am pleased to say) and talked of her father's immigration to the U.S. from Telemark, Norway. Already well into her nineties Adeline was sharp as a tack and a true delight to meet, speak with and share family stories. We kept in contact.

Adeline died exactly one month shy of her 100th birthday. Her family was kind enough to invite me to her memorial scheduled on the date she would have been 100.

An interesting, feisty, truly nice person 
My first cousin twice removed
Adeline Eileen Gunderson Fege
25 Feb 1923 - 25 Jan 2023




So happy to have met you Adeline,
God bless you!