Thursday

Death of Hanna Matea Gunuldsdatter

Eidanger, Telemark, Norway
This parish page records the death of my second great grandmother Hanna Matea Gunuldsdatter. In the mother to daughter to daughter to daughter link, it was she who passed unto me the mitochondrial haplotype V1. The haplotype that my daughter and grand daughter now carry.
Hanna Matea was born 22 August 1848 in Eidanger. She and my second great grandfather Ole Helleksen had nine children. Gunhild Marie Olsdatter, their third child, was my great grandmother.
Hanna Matea died 3 November 1902. She was 54 years old. Her cause of death was "tæring" or Tuberculosis, a very common cause of death before the advent of antibiotics and still a major illness in the third world. Many, many of my ancestors succumbed to Tuberculosis, some of them much younger than Hanna Matea.

Eidanger, Telemark, Norway deaths 1902

Hanna Matea Gunuldsdatter→Gunhild Marie Olsdatter→Dagmar Gundersen→Grace Sevald→ME

my Great Great Grandmother
Hanna Matea Gunuldsdatter
b. 22 Aug 1848 Eidanger, Telemark, Norway
d. 03 Nov 1902 Eidanger, Telemark, Norway






**click on document to enlarge for easier viewing**
**click HERE to see the document on the Digitalarkivet**