Monday

A welcome gift from new found cousins

 Through Ancestry.com's DNA matches I "found" a new third cousin. Her great grandfather, Lauritz (Louis) Gundersen, was the younger brother of my great grandfather, Nils Gundersen. She put me in contact with her grandmother Adeline. I met with Adeline, a sharp and energetic lady well over 90 years old, and much of her family. We talked about our family and their immigration stories. Read about that meeting HERE. When Adeline passed, just one month shy of her 100th birthday, the family invited me to her memorial held at her home. They shared family photos and!!!! I now have a photo of my great great grandparents Gunder Andreas Nilsen and Marthe Marie Halvorsdatter! Marthe Marie died young in childbirth. In the second photo Gunder Andreas is pictured here, I believe, with his daughter Gunda who took over housekeeping duties after her mothers death.




  Thank you my cousins,