Thursday

A question finally answered - the death of great grandfather Anders Sevaldsen

My great grandfather Anders Sevaldsen was an elusive fellow to research. I found lots and lots of information about his siblings, parents and ancestors, but information about him, not so much.  I surmised that perhaps it was due to him being a missionary for the Seventh Day Adventist Movement in Norway. Perhaps as a dissident of the Norwegian state church he resented filing with local priests responsible for the vital records of their local parish. Or, perhaps it was because my grandfather Paul, Anders oldest son, never mentioned him. Estrangement perhaps?


Through this blog I was contacted by a gentleman studying early Norwegian Adventist Missionaries. He googled my grandfather's name, up came "Welcome to Ranae's Norwegian Family Heritage" and bammm!! 

Thank you Trygve, I really appreciate now knowing the date and place of Anders death. Even more interesting are some of the details of the life of a man who dedicated his life to God.  I once said that the little I knew, or thought I knew, did not endear me to the man, but now? 

Morning "Aftenposten" newspaper 
Tuesday 18 Nov 1930 pg. 10 

    
 Always searching and looking forward to more of Trygve's discoveries,