Sunday

Photo of my 3X great grandfather Nils Jensen of Eidanger, Norway?


A lovely old photo found in the possession of an aged cousin. Circa mid 1800's judging by the gentleman's clothing. Why had the family saved this photo? Saved through more than a couple of generations. Most likely an ancestor, but who? Another cousin has guessed it to be our third great grandfather Nils Jensen (1812-1897), but he admits honestly that was just a "shot in the dark".  This ancestor? proudly posed and paid for a studio portrait. In remembrance of a special occasion or just for the family to have a remembrance of him? We likely will never now know. It saddens me but I too will keep this photo of someone who likely? perhaps? maybe never? was part of our family. Whoever he is, I feel I owe him at least that much.

Another reminder to mark every photo with name, date and place.
Someone, somewhere. someday, just may want to know.