Monday

A Frog in the Fjord - Weird things Norwegians do

I have often thought (and heard) that those of Norwegian heritage here in the U.S. follow old Norwegian traditions that were brought over by their ancestors. Traditions common to 19th and early 20th century Norway. Are modern day Norwegians very much like those of old at all? Which of those traditions or "Norwegian ways" did I see in my family that perhaps even persist in me all the way to 2018? Do some of those characteristics remain today in Norway? How like a modern Norwegian am I because of my Norwegian heritage?

I follow a wonderful blog. A Frog in the Fjord is written by a woman born in France who now lives in Norway. I just love her straightforward view of the Norwegian of today. A view that perhaps only an outsider could see. She speaks of what she considers good, bad and sometimes just odd characteristics of modern Norwegians but with an obvious love of the country and its people.


click here - check it out - a good read - and fun!
↓↓↓↓



I remember distinctly and with love my grandmother verbally agreeing with me. 
Ja Ja Ja, spoken while sucking in her breath! 

Enjoy A Frog in the Fjord , I did.