Thursday

Which grandparent do I most resemble?

FamilySearch.org implemented something new. A facial recognition tool. You compare  a selfie with a picture of an ancestor and  BOOM! the softwear will tell you how much your looks compare. We don't get to choose the DNA that is passed on to us and to be honest with you, if I could have chosen I surely would have picked my Swedish paternal grandmother. She was born tall, blond and cute. But that wasn't to be. I matched very little with her and even less with my Swedish paternal grandfather.  I always knew that my looks decidedly came mainly from my Norwegian side.

The facial recognition tool agreed. My dear Norwegian grandpa Sevald. Well...of my four grandparents he would be the least likely to win a beauty contest. He was short, a bit on the stubby side, curly hair, ruddy complexion, but yep, he was the one. But I couldn't be more pleased. What a great guy. I only wish I was as good a person as he had been. I think I can be a bit crabby, stubborn and single minded. That must have come from my paternal Swedish grandpa!

Just 20% similarity to my other three grandparents but with Grandpa Paul Sevald?

Don't know how accurate the softwear is but it was a lot of fun. Give it a try?