Saturday

Sirianna Olsdatter


This rather stern looking gal is my third great aunt Sirianna Olsdatter Stuskin. I came across her photo in a bygdebok (family history) of Verdal Nord-Trøndelag Norway. It is always a thrill to come across a photo of an ancestor that you have never before seen. Of course, ideally I would have liked to find a photo of her sister, Karen Maria Olsdatter. Karen Maria, you see, is my great great grandmother on my grandfather Paul's side. Since they are sisters I suppose I can guess that they had similiar features. Sirianna does seem to have kind eyes and as she is fairly elderly in this photo her eyes seem to reflect the many years of heartache and happiness she has most likely seen. In days before all the medical advances we now have she made it to 96 years of age!

Sirianna was the second child and second daughter of Ole Olsen 1792-1873 and Anna Olsdatter 1806-1895, who were my 3rd great grandparents. She had one sister, my 2nd great grandmother Karen Maria 1828-1896, and one brother, Ole Olsen who unfortunately died just after birth in 1841. She married Johannes Andersen-Stuskin 1830-1929 in 1864 and they had three daughters, Anna Kristine 1865-1947,Olina 1868-1917 and Mette 1871-1932. She and her husband lived on Stuskin West while her sister Karen Maria and husband Sevald lived on Stuskin East, right next door to each other.  Perhaps she assisted her sister at the birth of my great grandfather, Anders Sevaldsen. my grandfather Paul's father. I can only guess.

my third great aunt
Sirianna Olsdatter Stubskin
b: 21 Oct 1835 Verdal, Nord-Trøndelag, Norway
d: 18 Apr 1931 Verdal, Nord-Trøndelag, Norway