Thursday

Karen Maria Olsdatter

December 29. 1828 my great great grandmother Karen Maria Olsdatter was born. She was the firstborn  daughter of Ole Olsen and his wife Anne Olsdatter, born almost exactly 9 months after their marriage. She was born on the farm Hage in the Stiklestad parish of Verdal, Nord Trøndelag, Norway. I have no photos of her nor have I heard any family stories or memories of her. I know only what I have found in records. That she was born, baptized, innoculated against smallpox, confirmed, married, the mother of three, died, and was buried. I can only hope that she was wanted and loved by her parents and husband, happy in her home, had one or two good loyal friends, and was a good loving mother to her children who in turn loved her and mourned deeply her death. I would never know her and she would never know me, yet who she was, Karen Maria, and how she lived her life became a small part of  who I would be, generations later.



Happy Birthday Great Great Grandma 
Karen Maria Olsdatter Stuskin
b: 29 Dec 1828 Haga, Verdal, Nord Trøndelag, Norway
d: 18 May 1896 Stuskin, Verdal, Nord Trøndelag, Norway

Karen Maria Olsdatter→Anders Sevaldsen→Paul Sevald→Grace Sevald→Me






***click on document to enlarge for easier viewing***